A Prayer for Every Occasion:
We can't pray non-stop. But, there is a prayer for every occasion. And prayer is fellowship with God. Please prayerfully consider these words of God:
- "praying at all times in the Spirit, and being watchful"
- "let's offer up a sacrifice of praise to God continually,"
- "He also spoke a parable to them that they must always pray, and not give up,"
- "In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."
- "Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks"
References: Ephesians 6:18, Hebrews 13:15, Luke 18:1, Philippians 4:6 and 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
Intimate fellowship with God in this life.
God wants to have intimate fellowship with us in this life. Please prayerfully consider these words of God in your heart:
- "Enoch walked with God"
- "Noah walked with God"
- "walk humbly with your God"
- "Walk by the Spirit"
- "the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all"
- "you were called into the fellowship of his Son,"
- "our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son,"
- "My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me" (Jesus is speaking.)
- "These are those who follow the Lamb wherever he goes." (Jesus is the Lamb.)
- "...Where I am, there my servant will also be..." (Jesus is speaking)
References: Genesis 5:24, Genesis 6:9, Micah 6:8, Galatians 5:16, 2 Corinthians 13:14, 1 Corinthians 1:9, 1 John 1:3, John 10:27, Revelation 14:4 and John 12:26
Everything we do is to be done for, through and with God.
Please prayerfully consider these words of God in your heart. Yield to him!
- Everything: "bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ"
- For: "whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
- Through: "apart from me, you can do nothing"
- With: "Pray without ceasing"
- With: "...Where I am, there my servant will also be..." (Jesus is speaking)
References: 2 Corinthians 10:5, 1 Corinthians 10:31, John 15:5, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 and John 12:26
Turn, Turn, Turn and Behold the Lord:
Earlier in this book you read the subchapter titled "Turn, Turn, Turn and Behold: The Sixth Path" That subchapter presented the prayer that never ends. Our lives were intended to be lived in the Sixth Path, where every time is prayer time. While on this path, we will do seemingly ordinary things like manual labor, driving a car, writing reports for work or solving math problems. But these "ordinary" things will take place on this path. They are changes of focus. At every opportune time, we turn in our spirit to God within. So, through day and night, we Turn, Turn, Turn.
We turn to him as we request his power and blessing in the task at hand. We turn to him asking for guidance, to reveal his will, so we can "please him in all respects" (Colossians 1:3-10).
So, instead of prayer being a withdrawal from daily life, the "ordinary" things of daily life are specific events that are occurring in the Sixth Path. So, ordinary things take place in this never ending prayer of the Sixth Path. The ordinary things are the events that occur as we walk by the spirit.
At first, Turn, Turn, Turn may seem to be a series of separate actions in the same direction. If we are persistent in turning to him two things will happen. Gradually, the length of time our spirit is fixed on him will increase. The times our spirit is not fixed on him will decrease. The slow turning of a fan blade becomes a continuous blur as its speed increases. So, over time, Turn, Turn, Turn becomes a continual practice of living in his presence.
The scriptures are clear... every time is prayer time.