The Holy Spirit provides power to hope, persevere, comprehend, witness and do combat in the spiritual realm.
Power for Hope:
- "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).
Power to Protect:
- "That good thing which was committed to you, guard through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us" (2 Timothy 1:14).
Power to Comprehend:
- "...I bow my knees to the Father... that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, that you may be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner person, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, to the end that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be strengthened to comprehend with all the saints what is the width" (Ephesians 3:14-19).
Power to Witness:
- "you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you. You will be witnesses to me" (Acts 1:8).
Power for Combat in the Spiritual Realm:
- Jesus said, "if I by the Spirit of God cast out demons, then God's Kingdom has come upon you" (Matthew 12:28).
Jesus was empowered by the Holy Spirit to do battle in the spiritual realm. That being the case, how can we presume that we fight that battle on our own? No. It is by the power of the Holy Spirit that every victory is won. That includes battles for lost souls and for saved souls as well. It includes battles for conversion and sanctification.
Additional Prayerful Observations:
According to all of these scriptures, the Holy Spirit provides power to hope, persevere, comprehend, witness and do combat in the spiritual realm. So, whenever we do these things, a supernatural act is being performed within us.
The Endorsed Prayers include prayers for greater faith, understanding and words to convey the Gospel. Those prayers match up very well with the powers granted by the Holy Spirit (power to hope, persevere, comprehend and witness).
In other words, the powers of the Holy Spirit are granted to those who ask for them. We don't earn them. All power belongs to Him. He distributes His power as He chooses. And He has chosen to grant them to those who ask according to the conditions for effective prayer (subchapter 4.11).