You are reading in subchapter 3.1 of chapter 3 in the free, global online book, Fellowship With God in the Sixth Path. Navigation at the top and bottom of each page, allows you to open the table of contents, visit the home page, ask questions or share your story. The arrow at the top right takes you to the next chapter.
"For I spoke not from myself,
but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment,
what I should say, and what I should speak"
Fellowship with God is a two way conversation in the spiritual realm, as we follow Christ, bearing His yoke in the world. In subchapter 1.1 we enjoyed deep inner fellowship with Him as we experienced intimate methods for reading scripture. This subchapter describes the invisible spiritual realm in which we live, while we are in the world.
If we could see as God sees, who would we see? We would see the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We would also see angels, both faithful and fallen. These are invisible to us. We do not see or hear them. But they see us and hear us. They interact with us. Some act in love and truth. Others act in deceit and malice.
Everything under heaven belongs to God. Jesus is King of Kings. But Satan is prince of this world (Ephesians 2:2, John 12:31, 1 John 5:19, Colossians 1:13). We saints are in the world but not of the world. The kings of the earth take their stand against the Lord (Psalm 2:2). Their kingdoms will eventually be taken from them and given to the saints. Their prince will be thrown into the lake of fire forever. But until then, the saints are strangers and aliens on the earth, searching for a heavenly city... a city that will be established after the great judgement. Then the bondservants of Christ will reign forever. The scriptures below will establish all of these truths.
If we live as if the unseen world doesn't exist, we live in a delusion. For much of what occurs visibly in the world, is an earthly manifestation of persons and events unseen.
This subchapter is titled "Spiritual Authority and the Spiritual Realm". The first sections of this subchapter will focus on God's realm. The middle sections will focus on Satan's. The last sections of this subchapter will focus on interaction between the two realms. Please PRAY each passage of scripture as described in subchapters 1.1 and 1.2. Please do not read them alone.
Authority Within the Trinity 3.1a
There are three persons of the Trinity: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit:
The Father is God (Romans 1:7, 15:6).
The Son is God1.
The Holy Spirit is God2.
1 Hebrews 1:8, Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1, 1 John 5:20, John 1:1-2, 14-18, 1 Timothy 1:1.
2 Jesus, the Son of God, was born through Mary, a virgin, because she "was found pregnant by the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 1:18). Because of this impregnation by the Holy Spirit, Luke states: "Therefore also the Holy one who is born from you will be known as the Son of God" (Luke 1:34-35). So, Jesus was the Son of God, because God the Holy Spirit impregnated her. See also Acts 5:3-4.
The Father is not the Son1.
The Son is not the Holy Spirit1.
The Holy Spirit is not the Father1.
1The scriptures below will reveal that... The Holy Spirit conceived Jesus, filled Jesus, empowered Jesus and led Jesus. Then, at Jesus' request, the Holy Spirit was sent by the Father to dwell within us. This new age of the Holy Spirit began in Acts 2:1, at Pentecost. After Pentecost, the Holy Spirit chose which spiritual gifts to distribute to each child of God. So, the Father is not the Son. The Son is not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not the Father.
There is an authority structure within the Trinity. This spiritual authority is apparent in the scriptures below. Again, an impersonal reading of these scriptures for content is insufficient. It is very important to PRAY these scriptures. We need to interact with the living God in His living word (Hebrews 4:12). Here are some scriptures about spiritual authority within the Trinity:
Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit:
- "Mary... was found pregnant by the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 1:18).
See Luke 1:31-35
Jesus was Filled with and Led by the Holy Spirit:
- "Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness for forty days, being tempted by the devil" (Luke 14:1).
Holy Spirit Empowered Jesus:
- Jesus said, "if I by the Spirit of God cast out demons, then God's Kingdom has come upon you" (Matthew 12:28).
Jesus asked the Father to send the Holy Spirit:
- Jesus said, "I will pray to the Father, and he will give you another Counselor (Holy Spirit), that he may be with you forever: 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world can't receive; for it doesn't see him and doesn't know him. You know him, for he lives with you, and will be in you" (John 14:16-17).
Holy Spirit was Sent by the Father:
- "Or don't you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, (1 Corinthians 6:19).
The Holy Spirit Has a Will:
- "the same Spirit produces all of these, distributing to each one separately as he desires" (1 Corinthians 12:11). (1 Corinthians 12:1-11 reveals that the Holy Spirit distributed spiritual gifts. So, the Holy Spirit was granted discretion regarding spiritual gifts. He distributed gifts "as he desires.")
To learn more about spiritual gifts, click here.
Jesus Prayed to the Father for Simon:
- "The Lord said, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan asked to have all of you, that he might sift you as wheat, 32 but I prayed for you, that your faith wouldn't fail. You, when once you have turned again, establish your brothers" (Luke 22:31-32).
Here we have the Son praying to the Father for Simon. So, the non-failure of Simon's faith is to be attributed to the Father's answer to the prayer of Jesus. Perseverance of faith is a spiritual grace, granted in response to prayer.
Whether faith perseveres or not is an issue of authority. It is granted by one who has the power and authority to grant it. This may be one of the prayers that the Holy Spirit prays for us (Romans 8:26-27 below). In John 17, just before His arrest and crucifixion, Jesus prayed for the disciples and for you. He asked the Father to "keep them through your name" (v 11) and to "keep them from the evil one" (v 15). We know that His prayers apply not only to the disciples present with Him two thousand years ago but to you as well since He said "Not for these only do I pray, but for those also who will believe in me through their word" (v 20). Their word has been passed from person to person for two thousand years until it came to you. You are one who has believed "through their word". The Father will grant the request of Jesus. If you have true faith, your faith will not fail. This is discussed more fully in subchapter 2.3.
The chapter on Endorsed Prayer will reveal that other spiritual graces are granted by the same authority. For example: knowledge of God's will, enlightened eyesight, revelation, power, strength, wisdom, love, unity, obedience, faith, forgiveness, words of the gospel, tranquility and etc.
The Holy Spirit Prays to the Father for Us:
- "In the same way, the Spirit also helps our weaknesses, for we don't know how to pray as we ought. But the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which can't be uttered. 27 He who searches the hearts knows what is on the Spirit's mind, because he makes intercession for the saints according to God" (Romans 8:26-27).
In the previous passage, Luke 22:31-32, Jesus prayed that Peter's faith would not fail. In this verse, another person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, prays for us now. He appeals to the same authority.
What does the Holy Spirit pray for and to what effect? Possibly He prays that our faith will not fail. Possibly He prays for other graces from the Endorsed Prayers. In the Endorsed Prayers the scriptures have provided a detailed account of appeals to authority for spiritual graces in the spiritual realm.
Jesus and the Holy Spirit spoke as the Father directed
Additional clues about spiritual authority in the heavenly realm are apparent in the following verses. It is apparent that neither Jesus nor the Holy Spirit spoke from their own initiative. They both said what the Father instructed them to say.
Jesus and the Holy Spirit Under Authority:
- Jesus said, "For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak" (John 12:49).
- Jesus said, "13 However when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth, for he will not speak from himself; but whatever he hears, he will speak" (John 16:13).
The Father Adjusts Spiritual Authority According to His Will
- "You made him (Jesus) a little lower than the angels. You crowned him with glory and honor. 8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet". (Hebrews 2:7-8).
- "An angel from heaven appeared to him, strengthening him" (Luke 22:43). (The angel strengthened Jesus.)
- "Jesus Christ, who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, angels and authorities and powers being made subject to him" (1 Peter 3:21-22).
- "he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come" (Ephesians 1:20-21).
- Jesus said, "He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne" (Revelation 3:21). (Regarding "overcomes", see 1 John 5:5.)
The Father brought Jesus low and then raised Him high. It may seem strange to some that the Son of God would be strengthened by an angel. Here is the context: Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane, praying in anticipation of His arrest and crucifixion. The response of the Father was to send an angel to strengthen Jesus. Jesus was at this point "a little lower than the angels".
But this changed after His crucifixion, resurrection and ascension. Jesus is now sitting on the throne of the Father, with the Father. And we will sit with them on that throne as well in the coming age (Revelation 3:21 above). We will judge the world (1 Corinthians 6:2).
The Father apportions and adjusts spiritual authority within His realm, according to His will.
Angelic Authority Structure 3.1b
Within God's realm, angels are under the authority of Christ. They have particular nations as their domain in which they act. They also operate under an angelic authority structure, with some angels having authority over others. Michael is called an archangel (chief angel). His domain is Israel.
In God's heavenly authority, there is an angel for each child of God (Matthew 18:10, Acts 12:15), each nation (Daniel 12:10-21), each tribe of Israel (Revelation 21:12), each church (Revelation 2:1,8,12,18; 3:1,7,14), for fire (Revelation 14:18, 8:8) and water (Revelation 16:5). He has angels whom He has sent to patrol the earth (Zechariah 1:10). The four spirits patrol the earth (Zechariah 6:5,7). The "seven eyes" of the book of Zechariah "run back and forth through the whole earth (Zechariah 3:9, 4:10).
There are "seven Spirits who are before his throne" (Revelation 1:4), who receive the seven letters to the seven churches (Revelation 2:1,8,12,18; 3:1,7,14), from Christ (Revelation 1:18,19), who send the letters to the seven churches (Revelation 1:4), whom are "sent out into all the earth" (Revelation 5:6), whom are also the "seven lamps" (Revelation 4:5), whom are also the "seven eyes" of the Lamb (seven eyes of Christ, Revelation 5:6) and are probably also the seven angels who blow the seven trumpets of wrath in the book of Revelation (Revelation 8:2).
For an in depth study of these seven Spirits, and to see why the seven angels of the seven churches are the same as the seven Spirits before His throne, click here.
In Satan's realm, his angels also have national domains. The Prince of Persia and the Prince of Greece are examples (Daniel 10:13, 20, 21). Angels of the two realms wage war against each other.
Angels Under the Authority of Christ:
- "When he again brings in the firstborn into the world he says, "Let all the angels of God worship him (Christ)" (Hebrews 1:6).
Angels contending in the Spiritual Realm:
- "But Michael, the archangel, when contending with the devil and arguing about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him an abusive condemnation, but said, "May the Lord rebuke you!" (Jude 9).
Angelic Warfare, Angels leading Angels:
- "There was war in the sky. Michael and his angels made war on the dragon. The dragon and his angels made war" (Revelation 12:7).
Angel Leading Israel & Displacing Nations:
- "For my angel shall go before you (Israel), and bring you in to the Amorite, the Hittite, the Perizzite, the Canaanite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite; and I will cut them off" (Exodus 23:23). (An angel was designated over Israel, to displace six nations, giving their land to God's chosen people.)
Satan's Angel Defending His Domain:
- In a vision, an angel appears to Daniel and speaks to him: "12 Then he said to me, "Don't be afraid, Daniel; for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard. I have come for your words' sake. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; but, behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me because I remained there with the kings of Persia. 14 Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days; for the vision is yet for many days... 20 Then he said, "Do you know why I have come to you? Now I will return to fight with the prince of Persia. When I go out, behold, the prince of Greece will come. 21 But I will tell you that which is inscribed in the writing of truth. There is no one who holds with me against these, but Michael your prince (Israel's prince)" (Daniel 10:12-21). See also Daniel 12:1.
In verse 13, the angel of God was opposed by Satan's angel, "the prince of the kingdom of Persia". God's angel received help from Michael the Archangel "Michael, one of the chief princes".
Apostolic Authority 3.1c
- The apostle Paul wrote, " For this cause I write these things while absent, that I may not deal sharply when present, according to the authority which the Lord gave me for building up, and not for tearing down" (2 Corinthians 13:10).
- " I left you in Crete for this reason, that you would set in order the things that were lacking and appoint elders in every city, as I directed you" (Titus 1:5).
Authority of Elders in the Church 3.1d
- "Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and in teaching" (1 Timothy 5:17).
Observe the word "rule".
Tiered Authority in the Book of Revelation: 3.1e
God communicated the book of Revelation through authorities that He had ordained. God prepared the revelation of Jesus. God gave the revelation to Jesus. Jesus gave the revelation to an angel. The angel communicated the revelation to John. John communicated it to the angels of each church. The angel communicated the revelation to each church body.
The steps of divine communication were: God -- Jesus -- Angel -- Apostle -- Angels of the Seven Churches -- Congregation. Once received, the Holy Spirit taught the congregation its meaning.
- "This is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things which must happen soon, which he sent and made known by his angel to his servant, John" (Revelation 1:1).
- "I (John) was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, like a trumpet saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."" (Revelation 1:10-11).
- "To the angel of the church in Ephesus write..." (Revelation 2:1).
- "his anointing (Holy Spirit) teaches you concerning all things" (1 John 2:27).
God administers His kingdom through visible and invisible authorities.
Predetermined Authority Structure Between Individuals 3.1f
- "31 The Lord said, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan asked to have all of you, that he might sift you as wheat, 32 but I prayed for you, that your faith wouldn't fail. You, when once you have turned again, establish your brothers" (Luke 22:31-32).
Satan would sift all of the disciples (See "all of you" in verse 31). But Jesus prayed only for Simon. The English word "you" in verse 32 can be either singular or plural. But the word used in the original language can only be singular. He prayed that Simon's faith wouldn't fail. Simon's faith didn't fail because of the Father's answer to the prayer of Jesus. Once Simon turned as a result of Jesus's prayer, Simon would participate in establishing the others, so that their faith would not fail.
In these words, Jesus established Simon as a conduit for truth and power into the other disciples. God determined which individual would minister to other individuals within the church. This did not establish a human military command structure or disciple making pyramid between believers. It reveals that God determines who disciples whom.
In my life, particular individuals have been used by God for extended periods to disciple me. They did it by repeating the words of the Father and prayer. I have similarly been used to disciple others. In my experience, the disciple maker was not assigned by a person. It happened naturally, by the Spirit, through spiritual authorities. It was immensely profitable and tension free. Notice in the passage that Jesus is the one who assigned Simon to perform this task. Other passages indicate that Jesus only spoke what the Father told Him to speak (John 12:49).
If you want God to send someone to disciple you, ask him. He will send the person of His choosing, at the time He chooses, with the message He has chosen.
Being taught in a passive large group setting where the congregation listens to a teacher or preacher is good. But small group interactive disciple making is a necessary part of spiritual growth as well.
By the way, in today's English, the word "you" can be singular or plural. But in the past, it wasn't that way. The words "thee, thy, thou and thine' were used to indicate singular. The words "ye, you and your" indicated plural. The King James Bible, Rotherham's Emphasized Bible and Young's Literal Translation used the older terms. If you read those translations, you will be able to distinguish between singular and plural in English Bibles.
Authority Structure in Satan's Realm 3.1g
Satan has a domain over which he rules. It includes principalities and rulers. The children of God have been transferred out of his domain but struggle against it. Satan blinds the minds of the unbelieving and is the spiritual father of those who follow him. Satan's followers worship demons and follow the doctrine of demons. The ruling religious leaders of Jesus's day were Satan's children who actively proselytized, while masquerading as children of God. They worked hard to convert others to their false religion. But, the one who "turns to the Lord", will see truth.
God's Authority Over the Domain of Darkness:
- "For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son" (Colossians 1:13).
Saints Struggle Against the Rulers of Darkness:
- "For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world's rulers of the darkness of this age, and against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12).
Satan Blinds the Unbelieving:
- "Even if our Good News is veiled, it is veiled in those who are dying, 4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
Satan's Servants Disguised as Saints:
- "for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is no great thing therefore if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works" (2 Corinthians 11:14-15).
Satan's Servants Worship Demons:
- "They sacrificed to demons, not God, to gods that they didn't know, to new gods that came up recently, which your fathers didn't dread" (Deuteronomy 32:17).
Religious Leaders, Leading Astray:
- Jesus said to the Pharisees "You are of your father, the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father" (John 8:44). (John 8:13 indicates that this conversation is with the Pharisees.)
- "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel around by sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of Gehenna (Hell) as yourselves" (Matthew 23:15).
Demons Communicate Information to Man through Man:
- "But the Spirit says expressly that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 through the hypocrisy of men who speak lies" ( 1 Timothy 4:1-2).
Spiritual Blindness Removed by Conversion:
- "But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away" (2 Corinthians 3:16).
Prayerful Observations Regarding Satan's Realm:
From the third verse we see that Satan is able to "blind the minds of the unbelieving". They are blind because they reside in the "domain of darkness" (first verse). They are "his servants" and disguise themselves. This indicates a very high degree of control by Satan. They serve him.
Taking sight from a person does not grant absolute control. Therefore, Satan's ability to blind the minds of the unbelieving doesn't turn them into robots. But it provides far more control than he enjoys from his ability to tempt. The ability to tempt and blind provides a level of control that far exceeds mere "influence". But it is not absolute "control".
Those in the domain of darkness are blind until they turn to the Lord (last verse). In other words, those who turn to the Lord don't understand before they turn. They have been blinded and cannot see. They understand after they turn (2 Corinthians 3:14-16 above). Then the Holy Spirit teaches them "about all things" (1 John 2:27).
Please come into your Lord's presence, by faith. Then PRAY these passages. It is through prayerful meditation and prayerful action that these truths will come alive in you.
How does one escape Satan's realm? 3.1h
If the blind cannot see (so as to understand), how can they enter eternal life? I will present an abbreviated explanation of the Conversion Corridor below. Even the abbreviated version is fairly lengthy. There are many different explanations from various theologians on this question. I believe that the following presents much of the process that has been clearly revealed by scripture. I also acknowledge that the order of some of these steps is subject to reasonable debate. With that in mind, I don't believe that we will fully understand until we stand before Christ.
After you read the abbreviated version of the Conversion Corridor, you may want to see my unabbreviated version, which includes complete quotes of the scriptures, plus explanations. You may read that version under the title "The Unabbreviated Conversion Corridor" in the appendix (A7).
I recommend that you read the abbreviated version first. Here it is.
a) Before the world was created, God predetermined that every spiritual blessing would be granted, through Jesus Christ, to believers in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:3-14).
b) Before God begins to act in someone's life, they don't understand or seek Him (2 Corinthians 4:3-4, Romans 3:11).
c) God will take the first steps in one's conversion. He does this with everyone (John 6:44, John 12:32).
d) The Holy Spirit takes steps in people's lives, but the Holy Spirit can be resisted by them (John 16:8, Acts 7:51).
e) God will arrange the circumstances of people's lives to cause them to seek Him (Acts 17:26, 27).
f) Everyone who seeks finds (Matthew 7:7).
g) All who hear and learn from the Father will be irresistibly drawn to Jesus Christ (John 6:45).
h) Those who call on His name will be saved (Romans 10:13).
i) By God's actions, people come to the point where they can repent (turn) (Acts 17:30).
j) Unbelievers must be born again (John 3:7-8).
k) The Holy Spirit preaches the gospel through prophets, evangelists and other believers who present the gospel (1 Peter 1:12).
l) The gospel is heard (1 Corinthians 15:1-7).
m) The Gospel is heard through the prayers of saints, praying the prayers of the Conversion Prayer Corridor (HOW SO in subchapter 4.10)
n) The Holy Spirit convicts unbelievers of sin (John 16:7-9).
o) After hearing the Gospel, God reveals himself, unbelievers choose faith, God grants faith and unbelievers become believers (Ephesians 1:13, Matthew 16:15-17, Proverbs 1:29, Philippians 1:29).
p) The Holy Spirit regenerates (John 3:5-6, Titus 3:5-6)
q) One who has turned to the Lord is no longer blind (2 Corinthians 3:16).
r) The Holy Spirit teaches all things to the believer (1 John 2:27).
s) The Holy Spirit Guides the believer through scripture (Psalm 119:105, Ephesians 3:14-19).
t) The Holy Spirit teaches through gifted human teachers and preachers (Ephesians 4:11-13).
Satan is the Prince of this World 3.1i
The whole world is in the power of Satan:
- "We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19).
Jesus calls Satan as the prince of this world:
- Jesus said, "I will no more speak much with you, for the prince of the world comes, and he has nothing in me" (John 14:30).
Satan assigns particular fallen angels to rule nations:
- "6 His body also was like beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as flaming torches. His arms and his feet were like burnished bronze. The voice of his words was like the voice of a multitude...12 Then he said to me, "Don't be afraid, Daniel; for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard. I have come for your words' sake. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; but, behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me because I remained there with the kings of Persia. 14 Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days; for the vision is yet for many days... 20 Then he said, "Do you know why I have come to you? Now I will return to fight with the prince of Persia. When I go out, behold, the prince of Greece will come. 21 But I will tell you that which is inscribed in the writing of truth. There is no one who holds with me against these, but Michael your prince" (Daniel 10).
Verse 6 describes an angel that Daniel saw in a vision. In verse 13 Michael the archangel helped that angel to fight the prince of the kingdom of Persia. The prince of the kingdom of Persia is a fallen angel appointed by Satan over Persia.
Kings plot against God. (Yahweh is the personal name of God):
- "Why do the nations rage, and the peoples plot a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth take a stand, and the rulers take counsel together, against Yahweh, and against his Anointed, saying, 3 "Let's break their bonds apart, and cast their cords from us" (Psalm 2:1-3).
Satan offers kingdoms to Jesus. Jesus doesn't dispute his authority:
- "Again, the devil took him to an exceedingly high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 He said to him, "I will give you all of these things, if you will fall down and worship me"" (Matthew 4:8-9).
Satan may be Prince of this World, But God Appoints its Earthly Rulers:
- "The sentence is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones; to the intent that the living may know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever he will, and sets up over it the lowest of men' (Daniel 4:17).
The Great Harlot Reigns Over the Kings of the Earth:
- "The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth" (Revelation 17:18).
The Great Harlot from Revelation 17:1 "reigns over the kings of the earth" (Revelation 17:18) and killed "all who have been slain on the earth" (Revelation 18:24).
So, the Great Harlot does not have a limited geographical sovereignty in one specific time period, but a spiritual sovereignty that is guilty of all murders, beginning with Cain. See Psalm 2:2 and 89:27. Being guilty of all murders beginning with Cain points to the Generation of Satan (Matthew 23:29-36) who is Prince of this world (Ephesians 2:2, John 12:31, 1 John 5:19, Colossians 1:13).
While it is unknown to the Great Harlot, God controls evil sovereignties to bring about her destruction, accomplish His will and fulfill His prophesies (Revelation 17:16-17). Click here to read about the generation of Satan. Click here to read more about the Great Harlot, also known as Babylon the Great and Jerusalem.
Satan will Lose His Power Over This World 3.1j
- "Now is the judgment of this world. Now the prince of this world will be cast out" (John 12:31). (This will occur after the judgement.)
- "The kingdom and the dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole sky, will be given to the people of the saints of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions will serve and obey him'" (Daniel 7:27).
- "There will be no curse any more. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no night, and they need no lamp light or sun light; for the Lord God will illuminate them. They will reign forever and ever" (Revelation 22:3-5). (This is the eternal state, after the great judgement.)
In the first passage, Satan rules the kingdoms as a prince but not as a king. In the second passage, the kingdoms of the world will be taken from him and given to the saints. In the third passage, the saints will rule forever in the eternal state.
We should not be surprised that governments act as if they are blind to truth. They are.
Satan's World is not our Home 3.1k
We are strangers in this world. We are in it but not of it.
- Jesus said to his disciples "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. But because you are not of the world, since I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you" (John 15:19).
- "I am no more in the world, but these are in the world" (John 17:11). (Jesus praying to the Father about the disciples)
- "13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them and embraced, them from afar, and having confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. 15 If indeed they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had enough time to return. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them" (Hebrews 11:13-16).
A prince only has the authority granted to him by the king. Why would God the King grant Satan the authority to be prince of this world? Perhaps there is a clue in micro-subchapter 3.1L from the book of Job. Possibly God is proving that his children will worship Him whether they receive his gifts or not.
Interaction between God and Satan
in the Spiritual Realm 3.1L
In this subchapter, we will receive scripture regarding Simon Peter. Then we will receive some long but very revealing passages about Job.
- "31 The Lord said, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan asked to have all of you, that he might sift you as wheat, 32 but I prayed for you, that your faith wouldn't fail. You, when once you have turned again, establish your brothers" (Luke 22:31-32).
Satan had to ask permission to persecute the disciples. The disciples were not in his domain. The disciples were in Christ's domain. They had been transferred into "the kingdom of his beloved son" (Colossians 1:13). So Satan didn't have authority to persecute the disciples without requesting permission. Satan executed his persecution through religious leaders who were within his domain (Scribes and Pharisees). Micro-subchapter 3.1g, titled Authority Structure in Satan's Realm", presented scriptures describing Scribes and Pharisees as children of the devil or sons of Hell. Other details of Satan's realm were presented there as well.
Let's look at a second example of interaction between God and Satan in the spiritual realm. The book of Job reveals two conversations between Satan and Yahweh. (Yahweh is the proper name of God and a literal translation of the original language.) The following is the first conversation between Satan and Yahweh. Much of this account relates directly to the scriptures presented in this subchapter regarding Satan's Realm.
- "7 Now on the day when God's sons came to present themselves before Yahweh, Satan also came among them. 7 Yahweh said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"
- Then Satan answered Yahweh, and said, "From going back and forth in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."
- 8 Yahweh said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant, Job? For there is no one like him in the earth, a blameless and an upright man, one who fears God, and turns away from evil."
- 9 Then Satan answered Yahweh, and said, "Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Haven't you made a hedge around him, and around his house, and around all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. 11 But stretch out your hand now, and touch all that he has, and he will renounce you to your face."
- 12 Yahweh said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power. Only on himself don't stretch out your hand."
- So Satan went out from the presence of Yahweh. 13 It fell on a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, 14 that a messenger came to Job, and said, "The oxen were plowing, and the donkeys feeding beside them, 15 and the Sabeans attacked, and took them away. Yes, they have killed the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you."
- 16 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "The fire of God has fallen from the sky, and has burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them, and I alone have escaped to tell you."
- 17 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "The Chaldeans made three bands, and swept down on the camels, and have taken them away, yes, and killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you."
- 18 While he was still speaking, there came also another, and said, "Your sons and your daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, 19 and behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young men, and they are dead. I alone have escaped to tell you."
- 20 Then Job arose, and tore his robe, and shaved his head, and fell down on the ground, and worshiped. 21 He said, "Naked I came out of my mother's womb, and naked will I return there. Yahweh gave, and Yahweh has taken away. Blessed be Yahweh's name." 22 In all this, Job didn't sin, nor charge God with wrongdoing" (Job 1:1-22).
Job's suffering will be discussed in the chapter titled "Fellowship with God in Pain". At this point, we will focus on those aspects of the account which provide insight into spiritual authority and the spiritual realm.
God and Satan spoke, had a disagreement and Job was tested to resolve their dispute. Job was not in Satan's domain because he belonged to God. So Satan didn't have the authority to harm him without God's permission. With God's permission, Satan used people to steal and kill. Satan had sufficient control or influence over the Sabeans and Chaldeans to complete this persecution of Job. Satan was also granted authority over nature. He sent fire and wind to destroy property and kill people.
So, Job struggled with the "rulers of the darkness" (Ephesians 6:12). Micro-subchapter 3.1g, titled "Authority Structure in Satan's Realm" refers to "rulers of darkness". That section also presented the "domain of darkness" and "the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving". These scriptures reveal Satan's control over those in his realm. His use of the Sabeans and Chaldeans to steal and kill may be examples of this control.
1 John 5:19 states "We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one." I believe that the Sabeans and Chaldeans who did Satan's work were "of the world", Satan's servants. I would be surprised if they were children of God who Satan tempted to do his work. The text doesn't tell us. We saints are not "of the world". We are "in the world" but not "of the world". We are not "in the power of the evil one". "For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son" (Colossians 1:13). All of these scriptures were presented in this subchapter.
While Satan needs God's permission to act on those who are in God's kingdom, God does not need permission to act in Satan's realm." Jesus commanded Satan and Satan obeyed (Matthew 4:10-11). Jesus also commanded demons and they obeyed him (Mark 1:21-27, 5:1-15, Luke 14:11, Matthew 8:16)
Our Loving, Sovereign & Almighty God 3.1m
God suffered and died for man:
- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16
God wants all men to be saved:
- "God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of the truth " (1 Timothy 2:3-4).
God works all things for good:
- "We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, for those who are called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).
This only applies to those who love God. Another way of describing this group of people is "those who are called according to His purpose".
Everything anyone has came from God:
- "He isn't served by men's hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he himself gives to all life and breath, and all things" (Acts 17:25).
Initial life at birth of every person comes from Him. Every breath after birth comes from Him. Everything we have came from Him. Nothing is random.
God determines every minute detail
- "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from Yahweh" (Proverbs 16:33).
- "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from Yahweh" (Proverbs 16:33).
The result of every toss of a coin is determined by God. He is working out His will in everything. Nothing is left to chance. Nothing is random. God allows man to make choices. But every circumstance experienced by every person is exactly what God has determined in order to bring about God's purposes. God works to draw all men to Himself (John 12:32).
God establishes kings and removes kings:
- "He changes the times and the seasons. He removes kings and sets up kings" (Daniel 2:21).
Though dictators, kings and presidents think that they attained power by their efforts, God has actually determined their destiny... all for His purposes.
God determines the destiny of every nation:
- "He made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the surface of the earth, having determined appointed seasons, and the boundaries of their dwellings, that they should seek the Lord, if perhaps they might reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us" (Acts 17:26-27).
God created every nation. He determined how long each nation would exist (appointed seasons). God determined the boundary of each nation. He does these things out of love... do prod man to "seek the Lord". When governments fall and nations die, God brought these things about to cause men to seek Him. Yes, calamity is something that God lovingly brings to those who don't know Him, to encourage unbelievers to come to Him.
God (Yahweh) controls disaster:
- "I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create calamity. I am Yahweh, who does all these things." (Isaiah 45:7).
- "Does the trumpet alarm sound in a city, without the people being afraid? Does evil happen to a city, and Yahweh hasn't done it?" (Amos 3:6).
- "Yahweh said to him, "Who made man's mouth? Or who makes one mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Isn't it I, Yahweh? " (Exodus 4:11).
- "Yahweh appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty. Walk before me and be blameless.
God sustains all things:
- "He upholds all things by the word of His power" (Hebrews 1:3).
God "upholds all things." In other words, God sustains them. What does "all things" include? Does it include earth, stars, sun and moon? Yes!
Some say that the moon is over four billion years old. Some say it came into existence only six thousand years ago. How has the moon revolved around the earth for so long without falling to earth or flying into space? They hold to their path by the word of God's power. Spin a top and see how long it keeps the course you set for it.
How about me? Am I self-sustaining? No. Does God uphold me by the word of His power? Yes! How about Satan? Is Satan self-sustaining? No. Even Satan can continue to exist only by the word of God's power. God upholds "all things". Satan is not an independent competing power nor is he a credible contender for the throne. He is a dependent creation. He is allowed to do evil just like man. God did not create robots. Robots bring no glory, no fellowship and no true praise. God sustains every present moment, so every future moment is His as well. No future event can come to be without God's sustaining power. He chooses to let man choose (Proverbs 1:24, 29). In His sovereignty, He chooses not to control everything.
God is All Powerful. This means that all of the power is His. He distributes it as He chooses. Satan's power is not from himself. He is a dependent being, like we are. Every beat of every heart is powered by God. No army ever crossed a border without God's sustaining power. He adjusts the length of Satan's leash as He chooses. Evil cannot sustain itself. God sees everything He wants to see, when He wants to see it. He will bring all to judgement at the time of His sovereign choice.
In summary, Satan has power over those in his domain. But God is the Almighty. He has authority over Satan. When someone "turns to the Lord", God will transfer that person from the domain of darkness into the kingdom of the Son (Colossians 1:13).
Subchapter 4.7 is titled "Walk By the Spirit". It will present the new life we have in "the kingdom of the Son". In that new life we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit, interact with the Holy Spirit and are powered by the Holy Spirit. Through active interaction with the indwelling Christ and indwelling Holy Spirit, we can "walk by the Spirit". But that subchapter will not make complete sense until we receive critical details about the Holy Spirit and the Endorsed Prayers in the subchapters before subchapter 4.7. The next subchapter will present the indwelling Christ and Indwelling Holy Spirit.